||For knowing about admission discount please contact to information office, Mob: 01776018141. Taka
|| Road no. 11/A, Dhanmondi
- For knowing about admission eligibility please contact to admission office, Mob: 01776018141.
- The written admission test (Nursery—Class X) is held according to the prescribed date stated on the Admission Test Form.
- Only the short listed applicants with parents have to attend the interview. They must collect the prescribed Admission Form after this.
- The following documents must be completed and submitted to MLIS Admission Office after the interview:
- A completed Admission Form
- A complete set of academic transcripts or report cards from the previous school(s) if any
- A copy of the Birth Certificate
- Student’s passport size photograph(s)
- Parents’ passport size photograph(s)
- Payment of Admission Fee. This can be paid in the Accounts Section of the Admission Office.
- Admission procedure has to be completed within a deadline (or on a seat-available basis)
Weaver and Scholarship:
- MLIS offers merit based scholarships to deserving students.
- Scholarship Criteria:
- Play Group to Class 10
- Any student securing 1st, 2nd or 3rd positions in the merit list in the Final Exams for three consecutive years.
- A Level
- Any MLIS student obtaining 7 in IGCSE is awarded 100% scholarship covering tuition fee and Lab charges for 1 year
- Any MLIS student obtaining 6 in IGCSE is awarded 50% scholarship covering tuition fee and Lab charges for 1 year.
- Each year, students receiving scholarships will be closely monitored to ensure that they continue to meet all the criteria. If they do not, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- Has comfortable hostel facilities for students. Please contact the Information & Admissions for details.
- The school has contractual bus service for transportation of students to and from their homes in different parts of the city.
- School offers After School Programs for all students. These programs are designed to provide a safe, fun learning environment for children. Part of our mission is to help students to build self esteem, compassion, and respect for others by developing friendships, participating in special activities and interacting with staff in a relaxed atmosphere. Children may choose from a variety of academic, enrichment and athletic programs. These activities enhance the students everyday learning. The students are encouraged to participate in the planning of special projects and activities. If a student is assessed with above grade level abilities or social/emotional difficulties, he/she will be provided with special services through (Participate to Pass) clubs held during after school hours.They believe very strongly in the importance of extra-curricular activities which help to enrich your child's education. Wide varieties of clubs are run by staff, or qualified coaches after school, or during tiffin time. Most club activities tend to be restricted to Cricket, Basket Ball, Handball, Football and Board Games. Clubs do vary a little from year to year and season to season but include: cross country, netball, art, guitar, mysterious maths, dance, craft and ICT. Many of the clubs compete in inter-school and area competitions.
- In addition to The Duke of Edinburgh's award program and scouting, the school supports a range of other activities, including outdoor education activities, performing arts presentations, Maths/Science/Robotics competitions, debating, and lunch time sports clubs. The school stages a major musical production biennially, incorporating music, drama, dance and stage work.
- Computer Lab
- Maple Leaf International School has three dedicated computer labs configured to meet the specialized needs of the ICT curriculum leading to CIE (O) and (A) Level exams. The up-to-date computers with networking, printing and internet facilities as well as the experienced ICT faculty allow students to pursue and extend their ICT education.
- Science Lab
- Ever since the institution was established in 1972, Maple Leaf International School has led a pioneering role in English medium education in Bangladesh. The institution got permission in 1981 from the University of London to conduct A Level science courses for the first time in Bangladesh. The first batch of students in Bangladesh sat for their exams in 1983. In other words Maple Leaf International School was the first and foremost institution to create a platform for (A) Level science qualification in this country.
- In due course, amidst fierce challenges the Principal started the first Labs requisite for teaching the science subjects. At present Maple Leaf International School has the best science Labs which were designed with specifications and safety standards of leading research labs bearing in mind the available resources in the country at the time. Priority has been given to safety of students and staff.
- The Labs have appropriate furniture and are fully air-conditioned. The chemicals and apparatus are the best quality available to offer students a world class educational experience. One of the best features is the ability to convert the Labs for either Physics, Chemistry or Biology requirements as schedules demand. Due to its large size, it is even possible to have two parallel classes at the same time.
- Senior staffs are distinguished faculty of high standing in the educational fields with years of experience at eminent universities at home and abroad. New staffs are selected from a pool of technically experienced, savvy and dynamic individuals of whom many are themselves products of this institution.
- On demand, we have multimedia presentation and public address system to smoothly maintain the flow of operations. This comes to great use during examinations conducted by the British Council and other UK exam boards.
- The MLIS libraries promote the philosophy and concepts of a 21st Century learning environment. It aims to foster a love of reading, holistic education, communication, intellectual development and cultural awareness among the students. It assists and enhances the delivery of curriculum by providing current, updated resources to the students and faculty.
- With more than 5000 books, magazines, journals, newspapers, instructional DVDs and CDs, computers, printers, scanners, reference collection of dictionaries, encyclopedias, directories and internet connection the MLIS libraries empower students in becoming responsible and capable global citizens of tomorrow.
- Library Hours
- A Level Library
- Saturday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 1:10 PM
- Senior Section Library
- Sunday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 1:30 PM
- Library Staff
- Merratey Hossain Chisty - A Level Library
- Mithila Afroze – Senior Section Library
Credit Transfer: Yes
- Many students have to transfer one school to another. This school has transfer facilities. For knowing details please contact to admission office.
International Students Admission: Yes
- Individuals who are not citizens or permanent residents of Bangladesh are defined as international applicants. International applicants seeking admission into this school must meet the same academic standards as those required for Bangladeshi students. There are wide variations, however, among educational systems throughout the world that make an exact comparison of educational standards difficult. International applicants who cannot sit for admission test are selected on the basis of their prior academic results, English proficiency, probability of success in the chosen curriculum as evidenced by prior work in the academic area involved, and certification of adequate financial resources.
Admission Help Line: Mob: 01776018141