||For knowing about admission discount details please contact to admission office, Phone: +88-02-47110089, +88-02-47-118966, +88-02-47-118967, +88-02-9574699, +88-02-9574782. Taka
- For knowing about admission eligibility details please contact to admission office, +88-02-47110089, +88-02-47-118966, +88-02-47-118967,+88-02-9574699, +88-02-9574782.
- Dhaka National Medical College inviting the applications for admission into 1st year MBBS course in 24th Batch for the session of 2017 – 2018. Admission shall be on merit basis and shall follow the same criteria as prescribed by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council.
- Free Studentship
- Number of free studentship and number of siblings of the freedom fighter will be selected as Govt. rules. In this regards candidates must have to apply for free studentship & freedom fighters quota with valid documents.
- Application Procedure
- Application form, Prospectus and further information’s are available in the office of Dhaka National Medical College, 53/1, Johnson Road, Dhaka – 1100. Tel: 47118965-6, 47118967, 9574699, 47110089. Complete application form and relevant documents must be submitted as per notification.
- Selection Procedure
- Admission test into MBBS course will be conducted by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh.
- Admission into this Medical College will be done as per rules & regulations of DGHS.
- Candidates must apply for admission in a prescribed application form.
- Application form for admission into this medical college can be collected during the office hour (8:00 am to 2:00 pm).
- Filled-up application should be submitted along with relevant mentioned documents and the cost of form Tk. 1000/- or US$ 100/- (or equivalent local currency).
- Meritorious & poor student’s quota will be filled up as per rules of DGHS.
- Sibling of the freedom fighters will be selected as per decision of DGHS.
- Siblings of freedom fighter must have to apply in a separate application form and must add necessary documents with the application for admission in that quota.
- Once applied for freedom fighters quota cannot be changed to general quota or vice versa.
- College authority will prepare a merit list of the candidates and the list will be hang in the college notice board in due time.
- No candidate will be allowed to get admission after the stipulated date & time.
- Medical Fitness
- Successful candidates will have to undergo medical test by a Medical Board constituted by the College & must be declared fit for final admission.
- Expenses of the Study
- Tuition and other fees payable at the time of admission. All payments are to be made in full at the time of admission. Related information in this regard is available from the college office.
Weaver and Scholarship:
- Has Waiver & Scholarship facilities for meritorious & poor students.
- Has comfortable hostel facilities for students. Accommodation fee US$ 100 (Per month) Tentative.Food: Excluding Accommodation fee. Please contact the Information & Admissions for details.
- The college has contractual bus service for transportation of students to and from their homes in different parts of the city.
- The college provide Research Grant Proposal Application Forms a supportive environment in which researchers at every stage of their career can flourish. The college is dedicated to fostering research collaborations across the world with research institutions, research agencies, funding bodies, industrial and commercial partners, sponsors and benefactors.
- College has clubs.These clubs and forums provide opportunities for developing leadership, confidence, goal setting, and sense of ownership, time management, collaboration and teamwork.
- Major activities of clubs and forums include:
- • Club Fair
- • Debate Competition, Film Show
- • Cricket, Football and Indoor Games
- • Voluntary Blood Donation Campaign, Community Volunteer Work
- • Art, Photography and Hobby Exhibition
- • Seminar and workshop, Help Group/Help Sessions
- • Competitions in Art, Music, Photography, Film
- • Celebration of National and International events such as Pohela Boishakh, International Mother Language day, Independence day, Victory Day
- • Business plan, Computer programming, Quiz and Business case competitions
- • Newsletter/ Magazine publishing
- • National and Regional Festivals
- • Study Tour
- • Annual Drama, Annual Cultural Program
- • Archives
- • Concert
- Has lab facilities with digital equipment.
- DNMC Library is one of the pioneer libraries in Bangladesh in terms of comprehensive collections, variety of services, up to date technology, professionally skilled manpower, user education, service marketing etc. It is backbone of the research and development activities of DNMC. The Library is an integral part of the university and designed to meet the information, research, and curriculum needs of its students, faculty and staff members.
- About the Library:
- Dhaka National medical College Library was established in 1994. It has a good number of Medical books and Journals to meet the requirements of the Medical students and teachers of the college. It is considered one of the best medical library in Bangladesh.
- Library Location:
- The College Library is located in the 5th floor of the college building in approximately 6000 square floor space with two (2) reading rooms.
- Objectives of the Library:
- To enrich and support the educational program of Dhaka National Medical College.
- To support and facilitate learning, teaching activities, research of the college.
- To provide optimum benefits of Library readers.
- To provide comfortable air-conditioned environment, accommodation and facilities for the use of library resources.
- To provide and ensure standard quality service and standard professional practice in Library Management.
- It is central air-conditioned and students’ activities in the library are monitored and controlled with modern CC Camera by the Principal through active cooperation of IT Department. It can accommodate over 100 students at a time in the library. There is a separate space with multimedia for the teachers and medical officers for the purpose of reading and research activities. There are two (2) reading rooms besides the library as a part of library. About 48 students can easily use the reading rooms at a time. It has 3 bag shelves for keeping the students’ bag of about 100 students at a time. It also includes WiFi facility to facilitate academic activities and research of the students and faculty members.
- It has a rich collection of about 6000 text and reference books with latest edition, 20 local Journals and 3 International Journals of academic interest. The college publishes Journals ISSN: 1815-3100 (Print), 2408-86925 (Online) in March and September of each year. The Journal is recognized by BM & DC. The college distributes the Journals to different medical colleges and hospitals. The Collection of this library is increasing gradually because library is a growing organization.
- Registered On Line Resources:
- It has registered internet access by HINARY to provide services to the readers.
- Reader Service: Circulation, Book Display and arrangement, reader guide and Library members.
- Technical service: Acquisition, processing and entry in register, cataloguing and classification, Document Supply. Preservation of Books and Journals.
- Reference Service: Reference Books and Journals.
- Library HR, Administration and Annual Budgeting: Library Annual Budget, Staff Management, Discipline, effective communication and providing necessary library information etc.
- Photocopy Service:
- It has photocopy machine to serve to the students from 8 am to 2.30 pm.
- Computer Printing Service:
- It has computer printer to serve the students from 8 am to 8 pm.
- Morning Shift from 8 am to 2.30 pm and Day Shift from 2.30 pm to 8 pm.
- Are serving in the Library.
- Library Rules:
- Students/Medical Officers/Teachers who have library membership card can use the library facilities.
- Selected one (1) book may be issued to the student for 7 days.
- Three (3) books may be issued to Medical Officers/Lecturer/Assistant Professor /Associate Professor/Professor for 14 days.
- Fines are charged against student member on default as overdue books as per rule of the library.
- In case of loss of books latest edition and original book will have to be placed or to pay market price of latest edition and original book will be charged.
- Readers are not allowed to bring their personal belongings (books, files, and briefcase and hand bags at the entrance of the library.
- Drinks and eatable any things are not allowed in the library.
- Readers must not write, underline or mark the library books. The borrowers will be held responsible for any damaging or loss of book.
- Discussions are not allowed in the library.
- Mobile Phone must be kept on silence and vibration mode in the library
- Readers should maintain discipline and silence in the library.
Credit Transfer: Yes
- Many students have to transfer one colege to another. This college has transfer facilities. For knowing details please contact to admission office.
International Students Admission: Yes
- Government of Bangladesh sets the rules and procedures of admission of foreign students to all public and private medical colleges within its territory. Following are the steps that you need take if you want to get admitted into Dhaka National Medical College (DNMC).
- If you have the passport of a country having diplomatic relationship with Bangladesh you can apply for admission in MBBS course (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery) in one of the public or private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
- Equivalence of Foreign Degree:
- You must have 12 years of schooling, and your grades must have to be matched (Equivalency) with the Bangladeshi counterpart- SSC (Secondary School Certificate) & HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate).
- Your eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS course:
- Must have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/’A’ level) or equivalent examination.
- SSC/’O’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2014.
- O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects
- HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination passed not before 2016.
- A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination: 7.00 (Seven).
- Minimum GPA in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent and in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent examination: 3.00 (Three).
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/’O’ level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects)/5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/’A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA. Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C’. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects)/3.
- Minimum GP in Biology: 3.5
- You have to undertake the following steps if you decided to get admitted into Dhaka National Medical College (DNMC).
- Get the photocopies of the following documents attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
- All certificates must be duly attested by the competent authority, i.e. Education Board, the Foreign Ministry of the respective country and respective Bangladesh Mission abroad/respective foreign Mission based in Dhaka.
- Successful applicants have to produce all academic certificates and mark-sheets/transcripts in original at the time of their admission.
- Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt and filled admission form to Bangladesh Embassy of your country for processing of Grade Equivalency and permission from Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or by an agent.
- Send copies of your certificates, mark sheets, passport and a letter of intention to Dhaka National Medical College office (Email: [email protected]) for advance booking of your seat.
- Having received the permission letter of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and grade equivalency of your certificates, Dhaka National Medical College office would inform you and proceed with your admission.
Admission Help Line: Phone: +88-02-47110089, +88-02-47-118966, +88-02-4