||For knowing about admission discount details please contact to admission office, Phone: 02-9663560. Taka
- Students must qualify the MBBS admission test conducted by the Director General of Health Services (DGHS).
- Eligible candidates need to apply in the prescribed form available from the Principal's Office of Ibrahim Medical College. Merit position of all applicants will be prepared and the top listed candidates will be selected.
- The full merit list will be posted in the Notice board and our College web-site.
Weaver and Scholarship:
- Free studentship is provided to 5% of the total admitted students. Those who want to avail this opportunity need to apply in a separate application form available in the Principal's office.
- Has comfortable hostel facilities for students. Please contact the Information & Admissions for details.
- The college has contractual bus service for transportation of students to and from their homes in different parts of the city.
- The college provide Research Grant Proposal Application Forms a supportive environment in which researchers at every stage of their career can flourish. The college is dedicated to fostering research collaborations across the world with research institutions, research agencies, funding bodies, industrial and commercial partners, sponsors and benefactors.
- College has clubs. These clubs and forums provide opportunities for developing leadership, confidence, goal setting, and sense of ownership, time management, collaboration and teamwork.
- Major activities of clubs and forums include:
- • Club Fair, Job Fair
- • Debate Competition, Film Show
- • Cricket, Football and Indoor Games
- • Voluntary Blood Donation Campaign, Community Volunteer Work
- • Art, Photography and Hobby Exhibition
- • Seminar and workshop, Help Group/Help Sessions
- • Competitions in Art, Music, Photography, Film
- • Celebration of National and International events such as Pohela Boishakh, International Mother Language day, Independence day, Victory Day
- • Business plan, Computer programming, Quiz and Business case competitions
- • Newsletter/ Magazine publishing
- • National and Regional Festivals
- • Study Tour
- • Annual Drama, Annual Cultural Program
- • Archives
- • Concert
- Has lab facilities with digital equipment.
- College Libraries promote the philosophy and concepts of a 21st Century learning environment. It aims to foster a love of reading, holistic education, communication, intellectual development and cultural awareness among the students. It assists and enhances the delivery of curriculum by providing current, updated resources to the students and faculty. With more than 5000 books, magazines, journals, newspapers, instructional DVDs and CDs, computers, printers, scanners, reference collection of dictionaries, encyclopedias, directories and internet connection the college libraries empower students in becoming responsible and capable global citizens of tomorrow.
Credit Transfer: Yes
- Many students have to transfer one college to another. This college has transfer facilities. For knowing details please contact to admission office.
International Students Admission: Yes
- Admission policy for foreign students is made by the Government of Bangladesh. You must have a non- Bangladeshi passport. Fees are determined by individual colleges. Ibrahim Medical College (IMC) perhaps has the lowest fee structure for the foreign students amongst the private ones (only 0.35 times that of a Bangladeshi student) and we do not entertain agents or give commission to any third party. We do have excellent hostel accommodation facilities for female students. Male students also may have accommodation but there could be a waiting time.
- The following needs to be done before we can admit any foreign student:
- a) Get your O and A level or equivalent certificates attested by your foreign ministry.
- b) Get an application form from the Bangladesh Embassy in your country. This will be available from September onwards. The earlier you do this, the better are your chances. Fill it up and mention Ibrahim Medical College if you are interested in our college. Submit the same to Bangladesh Embassy with a demand draft (DD) of US $ 60 (sixty) or Taka 5000 (five thousand) only made payable to Director, Medical Education & HMPD, DGHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka.
- c) Fill up a Foreign Students’ application form of IMC on payment of Taka 1000 (one thousand) only. This is available at the Principal’s office and will enable us to know that you have shown interest in our College. Photocopies of your passport and O/A level or equivalent certificates will be required.
- d) The application form submitted in the Embassy should reach our Foreign Embassy and they will send it to DGHS (Director General of Health Services) for ‘equivalence’ of your marks (for which you have paid US $ 60) and determine if you are eligible for admission. If found eligible, they will send it to IMC. Only then, we can consider your application and select the better ones. Who knows, you may always stand a chance.
- e) If admitted, by last year’s (2013) rate, you need to pay a one-time fee of US $ 24,250 (twenty four thousand two hundred fifty) and a monthly fee of US $ 250 (two hundred fifty) only till you are allowed to take the Final Professional Exam which is 60 months. It is unlikely that fees will be raised this year (2014) and admission fees are never increased in five years. Currently one US $ = Taka 78 (Aug 2013). Failure in exams may cause delay, in which case you need to pay monthly fees till you are allowed to take the Final Exams in year five. Once allowed, irrespective of your exam results, you need not pay any further monthly fees. There is absolutely no additional or hidden cost and you will be asked to pay for the four University Exam fees only which are nominal and paid to the Dhaka University and not IMC.
- f) Hostel accommodation cost is the same as Bangladeshi students.
- g) If you need to know more, e-mail to the Principal directly.
Admission Help Line: Phone: 02-9663560